Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Romance Authors with spanking scenes ...

Spanking Classics » Spanking Discussions » 2007 - Jan thru to Dec » 2007 - September » Romance Authors with spanking scenes in their novels « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Spankinglori
New Spanko
Username: Spankinglori

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 01:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,
First of all I would like to say hello to everyone. I'm new to this group...just joined in fact. And I'm real glad to be here. I know a lot of people tend to be shy when they first join a group, well...that's just not me. Now, if I had to meet you all in person and talk about spanking, I would be turing all shades of red. But since that's not the case here, you don't need to know that about me..lol.
Anyway, I absolutely love to read. And my favorite type of writing is romance novels and romance-suspense novels. I've read a lot of authors that almost always have a spanking scene in their books, such as one of my favorites, Johanna Lindsey. I was wondering if any of you know of any other authors who do also. Does Nora Roberts? I'll have to check into that.
I would love to hear from you all and get to know you.
I look forward to chatting.
-Lori-

Mischiefmaker
Junior Spanko
Username: Mischiefmaker

Post Number: 91
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 01:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First, welcome! I too am an avid romance reader and fairly new to "Classics". Nora Roberts- while an excellent writer and one of my favorites, does not have spanking in her stories - and I have read almost all of them. There are some "online" publishers that have the mix you and I (and many others) crave. .. romance and spanking...if the powers that be here on the Classics feel it appropriate, maybe they can give you the links.

Again, welcome...this is a great place with lots of members who like to "chat"...see, I'm shy too! (And you will share your writing too, right?)

Dancingnymph
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Dancingnymph

Post Number: 165
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 02:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jude Devereux (sp? - it's way past my bedtime!) has a few older novels with spanking scenes in them -- try her Highland Velvet and Velvet Song.

Actually, I find that most of the long-time Romance authors, since the early 1980s, have pulled back from including actual spanking scenes -- I read it was because of the ... da*n! Someone else will have to finish this for me -- I gotta get to bed! I know it's only 1 a.m., but my brain has already fallen asleep! Sorry, will try to be more lucid in the a.m. :-D

Night all!
dancing nymph

“When I met Mr. Right, I had no idea his first name was Always”... Rita Rudner

OOPS! … a fleeting glance to make sure he's not looking, then I laugh and dance out the door ...

Spankinglori
New Spanko

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 02:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah yes I love to write!!! I like to think of myself as an aspiring writer...(tongue in cheek). I've worked on a few stories and if I can ever make myself sit long enough to actually finish a novel I'd love to try and publish it...and I do make sure my stories have a spanking scene in each and every one. However, most of them are not just pure spanking stories. I've just discovered Nora Roberts and I find that I love her stories...I'm addicted to her writings as J.D. Robb,..."In Death series." Anyway I know I'm just suppose to talk about the spanking topic so I'll stop there.

Amabel
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Amabel

Post Number: 211
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 03:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spankinglori, do post some of your stories on Classics, they would be highly appreciated I'm sure!

Brennarose
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Brennarose

Post Number: 493
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 07:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We always welcome new talent. Try some of the serials here, you will like.
Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.
Voltaire

Your voice makes me tremble inside
And your smile is an invitation
For my imagination to go wild.
~ by Anonymous ~

Spankinglori
New Spanko

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, I would certainly love to post some of my stories here. Like I said they're not pure spanking stories so I will just post those particular scenes from a few of them. I'll make a point to that this weekend. Thanks for welcoming me everyone, I'm glad to be here!

Britbrat
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Britbrat

Post Number: 6693
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My very favourite romance author is Canadian Girl (Audrey and Vinnie series) and she's right here on the serial story board - look it up, you'll love it.

Gafreak
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Gafreak

Post Number: 168
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Spankinglori!

I'm a very avid reader of romance novels. I really hope someone here knows a link to find some spanking ones. I've always wanted spankings in the books that I read but you only come across them every once in a while.

My favorite author is Catherine Coulter. I've read every book she has published. If you haven't read any you should try one of hers. Her books are ones I could read over and over.

We look forward to reading your stories. Welcome to Classics.

Kilahara
Awesome Spanking Wizards (Moderator)
Username: Kilahara

Post Number: 10145
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to Classics! May I add to this thread? Another Classics author who deserves to be published more widely for superb writing skill as well as well written spankophilia, is Brooke - you will find an extensive collection in her folder on the Serial Stories board.

Mystique is a truly superb writer who always has an unusual, complex and symbolic twist in her work. So far no full length works, but her Special Builder would be consideed a novella. Try a search of both the regular Story Board and the Serial one.

There are many others, like Lady Katie to consider as well. Lots of fine writing to be found here on Classics itself. Have fun, and please add to our library!

While I hate to admit it, being usually an author of historical and nautical works in the vanilla world, I actually have a historical/romance novel with lots of spanking scenes currently in print. It was published by Shadowrose Publishing, (shadowrosepublishing.net) and you wil find some oher Classics writers there as well. Of course you should also visit Bethany's Corner, which has a link on our index page. Lots of good stuff there! Bethany is also the owner and host of Classics, and deserves our support.

We are glad you joined us, and look forward to reading your creative writing.

Ross of Kilahara
A spanking without love, consent, trust and respect is abuse.

Canadian_girl
Advanced Spanko
Username: Canadian_girl

Post Number: 2110
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BB, what a nice thing to say. Thank you so much. Particularly appreciated when I've felt so little like writing of late.

My favourite Classics author, hands and panties down, is Hathor. She no longer posts here, but an author search of the serial stories board will find her gems.

I'm really not into punishment scenes, no matter how well written they are. Her stories have the touch of playfulness that I personally find appealing.
La vita è breve - infrangi le regole, perdona velocemente, bacia lentamente, ama sinceramente, ridi irrefrenabilmente.

Lovestory
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Lovestory

Post Number: 111
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Spankinglory

looking forward to read your stories either spanking scenes and the rest.

BTW Ross,I saw your stories on that site and maybe other classic's writers.
if i were in the US or elsewhere in the Europe
surely i bought them.

Mehra

Sarab
Spanko
Username: Sarab

Post Number: 949
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 12:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amanda Scott's Border Bride is full of spanking scenes.
Also most of her Highland stories includes discussions of spankings if not actual spankings.

Spankinglori
New Spanko

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for everyone's imput, I appreciate it! I am definetly going to check out those writers you've all mentioned...both here at Classics and elsewhere. I also wanted to mention a few other authors I've had the pleasure of reading with spanking scenes in it. They were, "Texas Rose" by Catherine Creel. It does have a nice spanking scene in it as well a lot of talk about spanking. Another writer is Dorothy Garlock. Her older stuff mentions spanking in nearly all her books but I've only read one where the lady actually finds herself getting spanked. Also, like I mentioned earlier, Johanna Lindsey. There is a spanking scene in just about all her books. Right now I'm addicted to J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts' pen name). She writes the "....In Death series." There are 23 of them and they all have "In Death" in their title. I've only just began reading these works a few weeks ago and I've gotten to 4 or her books so far and they all have a lot of talk of Eve kicking ass. Some mention the "spank" word a few times but as of yet I'm still waiting for one that will actually have a spanking scene in it. (For those of you who have already read them please don't ruin it for me by telling me if there is or isn't a spanking scene in any of them...lol...I'm enjoying discovering it on my own ;) Also, on the back cover of a few of J.D.Robb's books like "Survivor in Death" there is a very sexy picture of the author looking rather stern. It's what I imagine the character Eve to look like. Now, I'm hetersexual but I wouldn't mind being draped over that lady's lap for a spanking....(blush)....I can't believe I just said that. (All the authors I mentioned can be found at your friendy neighborhood bookstore...or ordered if they don't have any in stock)

Ghostrider
Spanko
Username: Ghostrider

Post Number: 733
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 04:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not much of a book reader myself, never have been able to find the patience to stick it out with something of that length, so no help with novels I'm afraid.

However, I most definitely second the recommendation to check out both Brooke and Mystique's works. Both write stories, which include spanking, rather than stories about spanking, making for a well rounded read.

In Brooke's you are guaranteed a liberal lacing of humour all through, some very descriptive spankings, a little mystery flowing almost continiously, and just for good measure an occasional haunting. Mystique's brand of mystery is in a league of it's own, nothing is ever quite as it seems, and there is no way you will ever quite second guess the outcome as her plot twists and winds. Two distinctly different styles, but of equal quality IMHO.
Would you steal me from the cold
Would you lead me to my soul again
And when we reach the end when we face eternity
Would you be with me - Lita Ford

AKA Ithotn

Kilahara
Awesome Spanking Wizards (Moderator)
Username: Kilahara

Post Number: 10153
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 03:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ghostrider, you have described the writing of your two friends with perfection. Since I understand thay are both freinds of yours, in cyber life at least, and maybe beyond that, perhaps you can persuade them both to return to the story boards and add more of their superb prose for our perusal.

It is far too long since either Brooke or Mystique has posted a story for us... One can re-read literature only so many times, before the need for something new develops.
A spanking without love, consent, trust and respect is abuse.

Elf
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Elf

Post Number: 165
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 08:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Judith McNaught in "Whitney, My Love" has a spanking scene. It is pretty good, IMO.
Follow your bliss. - Joseph Campbell

Brennarose
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Brennarose

Post Number: 500
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A lot of the old Harlequin romance novelettes had spanking in them. You can fine them at book traders but I'm not sure where else. Once it became politically incorrect, they forbade their authors from indulging in such scenes.
Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.
Voltaire

Your voice makes me tremble inside
And your smile is an invitation
For my imagination to go wild.
~ by Anonymous ~

Kjm
Spanko
Username: Kjm

Post Number: 563
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you decide to try some SF, Sharon Green is a prolific author of SF which mixes romance and tasteful spanking scenes. Another author who liked to mention spanking and spanking situations was the famous SF writer Robert Anson Heinlein.

A mainstream author Robert Coover wrote a book called 'Spanking The Maid' which won kudos from mainstream critics.

Look in http://www.spankinglit.com/biglist.html to see a loooong list of spanking scenes in mainstream literature.

Oh, and welcome to Classics, btw.

Spankinglori
New Spanko

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks ya'll for your input. You don't what really pisses me off?...this whole "politically incorrect or politically correct" bullshit! Sorry about the language but it burns my ass. I think someone else at this sight mentioned it also about how tv and/or books are filled with rape, insest, abuse, murder, and the list can go on endlessly. But what do they want to control???? They'd rather control a friggin' spanking scene in books or tv. Someone in Congress or wherever they vote on this shit has got his head up his ass. I totally and completely understand about not wanting some of this stuff falling in the hands of children or minors. And I totally and completely agree with age restrictions. I have a 7 yr old and she doesn't get to see some of the movies that kids younger than her do or listen to some of the music they do. I want her to stay as innocent as possible for as long as possible. So why don't the poeple who vote on this type of stuff put an age restriction on particular authors who may put spanking in their books or tv shows? Or have a section in bookstores where these books can be obtained rather than restricting authors? (Hell some of us don't have spanking partners! This is where I get my thrills...lol)...Ok, I think I'm done now. Anyway, Once again, I'm sorry about the language...(you don't like it, spank me and wash my mouth out with soap!)
No truly all kidding aside if I offended anyone with my tangem I really am sorry, I was venting.

Essie
New Spanko
Username: Essie

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love to read, and while I enjoy this site, there is nothing like sitting down with a real book in your hands, that you can read, and reread.
Some other authors that you can look for are:
Diana Galbaldon - esp. the first and sixth books
Linda Lael Miller - her older books are really good
Jayne Anne Krentz- The Gift of Gold; The Gift of Fire books esp. All her books have alpha males, but they aren't all into threats of spanking. (too bad)
Catherine Hart
Linda Howard - Mr. Perfect
Someone else mentioned "Whitney, My Love", but you'll have to get an original copy as in the re-release the spanking has been removed.
I'm sure there are more that will come to mind after I've posted this, but if any of these authors are new to you give them a shot.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page