Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Stress relief

Spanking Classics » Spanking Discussions » 2008 - Jan thru to Dec » 2008 - November » Stress relief « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pesky
New Spanko
Username: Pesky

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 03:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good morning,

as i make plans for the beginning of my day. I was wondering has anyone noticed how de-stressing recieving a spanking really is?

I sure have noticed how much my stress levels have gone down. How much more relaxed i am. I am not the only one to notice either.

So my query is, do other peeps who are on the recieving end also find it de-stressing?

I also wonder if the Tops/Doms find it as relaxing an experaince as we do?

Peter
Awesome Spanking Wizards (Moderator)
Username: Peter

Post Number: 9445
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 06:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes there have been times when my sub has been really wound up and stroppy because of it.
A good spanking gets all the stress out of her.

In my life I have been many people, yet I am still me

I walk quietly but carry a big stick

Cherryripe
Advanced Spanko
Username: Cherryripe

Post Number: 4167
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 06:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sheesh I wish!!! that sounds like a real good solution to a problem!!!
Never was NAUGHTY as a brat!
Now I'm a BRAT I'm naughty!!!!!!!!

Pesky
New Spanko

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It works really cheery. :-) i dont believe im the only one who finds it has this effect.

Lynn66
Advanced Spanko
Username: Lynn66

Post Number: 1868
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Cherry that it sounds like a real good solution. But at this point I just need some kind of stress relief.

"If you lose your mind, mosey on over. We'll keep track for you." - Mindy Neff

"I'm never wrong. Just ask me; I'll tell you"- Cheryl Holt

Moogi
Junior Spanko
Username: Moogi

Post Number: 116
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 09:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know about the stress relief spankings most often discussed, where you are spanked until you cry out all the emotional baggage. I have no difficulty crying over anything, so I've never needed that.

I do find that regular spankings keep me from getting overly stressed. Mine are all fun and erotic and end with sex and cuddles. Actually, regular sex helps me keep my zen, too. If I go too long without one or both, then I start to get moody.

Cherryripe
Advanced Spanko

Post Number: 4169
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 09:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmm Moogi I can see what you mean but sometimes you can WEEP without really crying, without totally letting go of your emotional baggage..it's a kind of souless, controlled crying that never helps relieve the stress see!

If spanking can help to make you let go...well that's like hitting a jackpot!!

Moogi
Junior Spanko
Username: Moogi

Post Number: 117
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cherry, I completely understand. That's just not something I experience often. I come from a dysfunctional family full of women with excess emotional baggage. They are usually depressed, often high strung and overly dramatic. For my own heath and sanity, I have chosen a different path. I am a cryer. Sometimes I cry over nothing. I once told my teen son that women are emotional and can cry at the drop of a hat. He took off his hat and threw it on the floor. I almost cried from laughing so hard. When something bothers me, I cry, I deal with it, and I move on. If I can't resolve it, I find a way to accept it. Going to church helps me. Having a wonderful husband helps.

I went through a period of having anxiety and panic attacks and not leaving the house if it wasn't absolutely necessary. I am very protective of my peace of mind. I think it's become something of a survival instinct.

I can understand how the 'spank to tears' stress release spanking would help. I just don't know that Hubby would want to spank me like that. I have nothing against it and would love to try it when I'm in a mood. It's just not part of what we do. At least, not yet. Even the fun and erotic spankings help with stress, though. I always feel calmer and more content after a good spanking, kinda like floating on cloud nine.

Bcbrat
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Bcbrat

Post Number: 333
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, a really good spanking may relief my stress for a moment, because of the good feelings that come with it. But, it solve any long term problems or give u long-term relief.

Cherryripe
Advanced Spanko

Post Number: 4170
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 03:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aww Moogi I totally understand hon!! and am so glad you are strong enough to now move on and deal with things babe!!! thats great!! and yes going to church does indeed help some of us!!

as for spanking hon!! LOL well my hubby's vanilla sooo...it's often a WONDER IF scenario for this little fruit!!

Paddledprincess
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Paddledprincess

Post Number: 475
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 05:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The way I understand it...a Dom would find just as much relief in it as we would...But...here's a scenario

Say my Dom walks up to me and says, "I'm really stressed, I want to spank you, I think it'll help." My first reaction is yes, okay, yes I want you to be happy and I don't mind spanking and I am your sub and will do what pleases you (within my boundaries). My second reaction...awkwardness I think...I don't know.

He has told me that, yeah, it helps him destress too. I just think it's easier for the bottom half to go to the top half and say... "I need a spanking!"

Yes, I definitely see a correlation between stress and spanking for me at times :D I've heard it releases endorphins like sex does...I dunno about that. But I definitely feel more at peace after a spanking...Maybe that's because I find my "sub space".
If you check right, my attitude is always more brat than bottom
But my bottom can always cash the checks my attitude writes.

Playeradmire
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Playeradmire

Post Number: 383
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 09:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From my limited experience, I would say bc is about right. Depends what is meant by short term.

I end up pretty relaxed for a day anyway, maybe a bit more.

If the spanking is a long time comming - say I know for several days or more - the tension that builds up as the time approaches is pretty intense, so the release is too. That can take a lot of life's general stress along with it as well, but just for a day or two.

The endorphin rush certainly helps, but a good run or long bike ride doesn't do as well, so there is more to it than that.

Pesky
New Spanko

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 03:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont cry when im spanked, but i still find that i find it a source of stress relieve.

Shewolf
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Shewolf

Post Number: 13139
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 09:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunately, Im never with my Dom when I need a stress relief spanking. And when we are together Im so happy that I dont need one. So Ive never experienced that kind of spanking...although I'd like to.

However I do find that any spanking will help with the daily build up of emotions, and a spanking really helps me deal with constant pain from my fibro. Endorphins are my drug of choice.

wolfie[D]

Pagan
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Pagan

Post Number: 7167
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I find two things really help me destress; an intense cardio workout and a spanking.

I agree with BCBrat that spanking is only a temporary fix; it doesn't eliminate the reason for the stress, whether that is medical (clinical depression, anxiety) or situational (overwhelmed due to work/family demands, etc).

Still, there is no question that a solid spanking helps me to relax. I don't know whether it's the release of endorphins, the act of submitting to my partner, or a combination of both. Doesn't really matter. It just seems to quiet the noise, for lack of a better description.

Even my (originally vanilla) husband recognizes that spanking serves more purposes than arousal. He sometimes will tell me that it's "time to soften you up again", and that's a very accurate description of what it does.

I was a little tense and cranky last night (for reasons that had nothing to do with him). He spanked me before we went to sleep, and it all went away. I curled up against him and drifted off to a contented sleep.
"Self esteem isn't everything; it's just there's nothing without it ..." - Gloria Steinem

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." - Mark Twain

"There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein." - Walter Wellesley Smith

Lady_katy
Advanced Spanko
Username: Lady_katy

Post Number: 3460
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO it doesn't eliminate the cause but it is a much better way of releasing the pent up steam than other ways I've tried.

For me a stress release spanking is different from others in that it has to be long enough to get the stress out and it has to address the issue causing it which is often not a spanking offense itself.
"Good little Girls Make Mighty Wild Women"

and everyone KNOWS I am a good little girl.

Embrace the chaos that is your life. It may well be your only constant.

Skylar
Advanced Spanko
Username: Skylar

Post Number: 2719
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 04:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Well, a really good spanking may relief my stress for a moment, because of the good feelings that come with it. But, it solve any long term problems or give u long-term relief.

Any type of stress relief won't solve the problem, but what it does, is help us to feel good enough to refocus and realize that any problem has a ‘path’ to some type of solution. It also might help us to allow ourselves to become ‘calm’ enough to face the reality of our problems. In a fresher frame of mind, we can tackle our problems from a different angle and a really good spanking, like any stress reliever, can help.

Exercise, a night out with the gals, really good sex, a nice bubble bath....playing with a puppy……there are other ways to relieve stress and help us to re-focus and re-center.

As far as stress relief for the spanker....yes. The times when I get that 'twinge' or worry about a spanking hubby might be giving me later, is if I know he might be a little 'frustrated' about something I might have done or said earlier....its done in a playful way, but I know he is definitely releasing some stress on my butt!

Bcbrat
Intermediate Spanko

Post Number: 339
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 04:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I meant won't skylar...everyone knows, I'm not good typist.

Skylar
Advanced Spanko
Username: Skylar

Post Number: 2721
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

..I know what you mean bcbrat, spellcheck is my friend!

Bcbrat
Intermediate Spanko

Post Number: 342
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL...yea, I love spell check, without it, I would be in even more trouble...LOL

Scunge
Advanced Spanko
Username: Scunge

Post Number: 1233
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 01:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know Wolfie I always feel sorry for my vanilla fibro friends,I can NEVER tell them that the best medicine I too have found for fibro is a trip over Sir's knee! I feel so sorry for them having to rely on drugs.
This will all end in tears-Miss Hardbroom Worst Witch
------------------------------------------------
Good little girls get ice cream. Bad little girls get spanked. Good little bad girls get BOTH! I am a good little bad girl! KW

Persephone
Advanced Spanko
Username: Persephone

Post Number: 1975
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 08:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i find spankings, or even just the act of submitting by itself, to be extremely grounding. spankings are particularly good for helping me to feel more humble and less wound up about everything.
"the pain passes but the beauty remains"
-pierre august renoir

my blog, persephone's obedience

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page