Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Punishment spanking rituals?

Spanking Classics » Spanking Discussions » 2004 - Jan thru to Dec » 2004 August » Punishment spanking rituals? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Meghan
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Meghan

Post Number: 117
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 06:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In another thread, a couple people posted about rituals that go along with punishment spankings. So I was just curious about how many people have these, and what they are?

I guess in my relationship, the main part of the ritual is standing in the corner afterward. I absolutely hate that. Before the spanking, I get lectured about why I am going to be spanked. Also, until recently, I was always spanked with the same implement and it was never used for play, but that's recently changed.

Meghan

Shewolf
Advanced Spanko
Username: Shewolf

Post Number: 4744
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 01:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Meghan! :-)

I know I've posted this before, so many times in fact that I'm sure it's redundant. But I'll do it again, in case you missed it.

For serious punishment (something we've only done once), He set the tone with having me change into a sleepshirt and nothing else. While I was doing that, he put a straightbacked chair next to the bed, got out an egg timer and my paddle "Sting".

We went through the lecture, with us facing each other. The spanking was otk, with my upper body supported by the bed. A warm-up, followed by harder spanks, while I silently implored the egg timer to go faster! Then finally 6 with the paddle.

Afterwards, there was cuddling and aftercare, and a sense of peace I'd never known before. This was the ritual that he used with me, and it is set in my mind now. I know if I were ever to walk into a room, see the chair by the bed, the paddle, timer and nightshirt laid out, I would instantly know how much trouble I was in. My heart would drop, and I would be in the same frame of mind as I was during that first punishment. It's quite daunting the way our minds can transport us to a place and time in an instant.

Hope this is what you wanted Meghan.
Yes, I am the big, bad Wolf your mother warned you about...

Beachley
Advanced Spanko
Username: Beachley

Post Number: 1863
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 01:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meghan - I too would be interested in the ritualistic differences and how a Top does a punishment spanking.

After last weekend Mr B and I talked and the one item that came up was punishment. I tried to explain what I do know about it from the threads I've read. I think probably the spanking I had last weekend could be clasified as punishment due to the amount of control he exercised over me. But it was not recognized as such to him. Yes, it was punishment but not ritualistic. Hmmm I wonder -- I guess a ritual has to start somewhere. He classifies spankings as lets have fun or you're in trouble. Pretty much black and white to him at least.

However, he did say though that he feels a punishment spanking is still warranted from when I walked on his 65 Mustang which was years ago. But Spankings are NOT retroactive or so I told him.

Maybe some Tops will weigh in with their expertise.
The spice of life is having things MY OWN WAY!! A spanking would be nice.

Ginger
Advanced Spanko
Username: Ginger

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 01:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Punishment need not neccessarily be ritualistic but most have their little rituals that they use to 'set the mood'.

In a true punishment scenario with ZED and I, it is for an agreed upon rule that has been set in place by him because I have asked for accountability with a specific behavior that I would like to improve on. This in and of itself indicates that when/if the time comes for a punishment in reference to said rule, that I take it willingly, with no struggling, fighting or backtalk.

The ritual is pretty much the same as many others. There is a lecture. Not harsh, but more of a reminder of why I am wanting to change a certain behavior and what goal it will accomplish in the long run. He then will have me fetch the implement. He has me take down my own pants and panties. If it is done OTK, he has me clasp my hands and reminds me that my feet are to remain on the floor in the spot that they start in.

After there is a sort of 'reflection' time for me. Not necessarily cornertime, but it can be. I have had to place my hands on the wall. It only lasts a few minutes and is my time to get myself composed emotionally. We don't really 'cuddle', but there is a very nice sincere hug afterward.

That is pretty much our ritual. It seems to be mostly the same thing with small variances for most people who actually do punishment spankings.

ginger

Meghan
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Meghan

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, tried to post this once already and it didn't work for some reason. I'll try to remember what I was trying to say.

By "ritual," I just meant those little things that are repeated, like using the same paddle every time for punishment or something like that. Things that sort of separate a punishment spanking from a fun spanking, things that set the tone. Rituals don't have to complex things. In fact, they usually aren't, because if they are, they aren't sustainable for long.

Shewolf, thanks for mentioning aftercare. That always follows any punishment I get, too.

Beachley, from your post about your spanking last weekend, I would probably consider that a punishment spanking, but I don't want to try to define anyone else's experience. And I agree with you, punishments should not be retroactive!

Meghan

Beachley
Advanced Spanko

Post Number: 1876
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meghan - I do think if he ever tells me to go to the bedroom and strip again, I'll feel like I'm being punished.

There is a definite difference between being told to take your pants down vs. being told to Strip.
The word Strip at least in my mind now = cold, no nonsense, it has become my UHOH word. So in that respect I think punishment has now taken on it's own life per se with one little word.

Jconall
Junior Spanko
Username: Jconall

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 05:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only ritual we have is tender aftercare.

Other than that, I try to vary things a little each time to keep it a surprise.

Professorr
Spanko
Username: Professorr

Post Number: 750
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 05:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our only "ritual" is this. As we are talking about something, I suddenly make a "serious" face and say, in a "stern" voice, that Foxy, in my opinion, did something "bad" (like, forgot to turn the light off, or pushed the AC too low - she tends to do it, because she is always suffering from heat - etc.) Foxy wants to scream of delight, knowing, what she has coming... but she, instead, makes a "sad" face and says that she really needs some "discipline." That's about all... then, the spanking starts, always leading to a great climax. :-) :-) :-)

Slipperher
New Spanko
Username: Slipperher

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 07:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spanking rituals mmm let me see
We only really use any kind of ritual if its a true punishment then its usually a lengthy wait outside my study. I have a large victorian house with an oak panelled study which seems to ooze authority. My partner says it actually makes her knees tremble when waiting to enter she is then told to enter and I usually give a stern lecture then her name and offence are entered into our punishment book along with the amount of strokes she will recieve with either cane or slipper then its a case of her bending over the stool
and the caning or slippering is carried out always in silence thats important. afterwards she is sent to the corner with trousers or skirt lowered while I slowly put away the items except for the punishment book which she signs.
then she leaves the study followed by me I always lock the door on the way out.
This only happens rarely perahps twice this year
handspankings are administered when and where they are deserved usually on the spot sometimes in front of others.
I hope this has been of interest.

Slip

Miss_priss
Spanko
Username: Miss_priss

Post Number: 573
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Um slip reading that made me weak in the knees I can imagine what it does to her. When I first started coming to the spanking scene I read a group of stories that happened along the line you discribe and I never have forgotton them I wish I remembered who wrote them or even where I read them...
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer. 29:11

Slipperher
New Spanko
Username: Slipperher

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 07:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Miss Priss
Go and stand ouside my study young lady!

Beachley
Advanced Spanko

Post Number: 1900
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It does seem like a study, particularly like the one Slipper described, is a most appropriate place to carry out a punishment spanking.

I wonder if that is from the olden days when studies were more common and they seemed to be a male domain.

I agree Prissy - A guilty young lady waiting outside, is the epitome of TTWD. Or the words - go wait for me in the study.

You know I may even consent to stand in a corner if I had a study like that. A place like that would most certainly send my head where it needed to be to do corner time that's for sure.

Miss_priss
Spanko
Username: Miss_priss

Post Number: 577
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 09:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok the line is forming to the left...

prissy
beachley
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer. 29:11

Darwins
Spanko
Username: Darwins

Post Number: 888
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 05:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As Wolf has explained we have only done the punishment thing the once......something I hope we don't have to repeat too often.

I hate punishments, they mess with my head and make me feel bad, so I have tried ......through a very careful ritual to make the majority of the actual punishment all in the mind.

By setting the tone, equipment and placements, you punish yourself far more than I could. And the effect of this ritual is that the actual spanking seems far worse than it really is.

I would never wish to beat someone seriously hard or long to get the "punishment" to have a lasting effect. Wolf will tell you that it felt like the hardest spanking she had ever had........but it would not be true. It was indeed lighter than some of the play spankings we had later which she laughed and giggled through..........I know since I was giving them but she would not agree to that. In HER opinion the punishment still ranks as the hardest spanking ever.

The ritual IMO sets the mood to let the head do your work for you........and that is NOT me being lazy! It is simply my way of achieving the ends WITHOUT the need for severe spanking of any kind.

If you take this route though, aftercare is desperately important, with lots of affection being shown to proove you do care and all is done and forgotton.
The Gentle Barbarian

Shewolf
Advanced Spanko
Username: Shewolf

Post Number: 4774
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 09:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Sweetie, I would definately say it's not forgotten. It is forgiven though! And I hope we never have to do it again...I'd rather the aftercare for other, more pleasant spankings.

He is lazy though, dont believe otherwise.
Yes, I am the big, bad Wolf your mother warned you about...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page