Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Literature with spanking scenes

Spanking Classics » Spanking Discussions » 2004 - Jan thru to Dec » 2004 September » Literature with spanking scenes « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shygirl
New Spanko
Username: Shygirl

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi. This is my very first message. I've been checking out the site quite often ever since I bumped into it last winter. I like reading the stories, but I don't have Internet access at home, so it'd be easier to borrow books from library. As you may notice, English isn't my native language. That's why I'd appreciate it if you could suggest some authors instead of titles, because the translations aren't always from word to word and they'd be easier to find. With literature I don't mean master pieces like Anna Karenina. I like e.g. Nora Roberts and Judith Deveraux. Hopefully this wasn't too confusing. Regards, shygirl

Sarah_thorne
Awesome Spanking Wizards (Moderator)
Username: Sarah_thorne

Post Number: 1943
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johanna Lindsay has had spanking scenes in some of her novels. Can't remember the title of one in particular that I am thinking about tho.

sarah
www.sarahthorne.com

Professorr
Spanko
Username: Professorr

Post Number: 825
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, there is a couple of hidden allusions to spanking in "Anna Karenina." There is one scene where Dolly yells at her little girl who just did something awful (touched herself?) in raspberry bushes, saying something like, "and you will not get sweet things for dinner, and you will be... will be punished..." (Odds are, being a softie as she was, Dolly never proceeded to action, but the threat was definitely there.:-))

If you prefer trashy English-language novels, check out James Clavell's Asian saga ("Shogun," "Tai-pan," "King Rat," "The Noble House," and "Wirlwind"). Spanking scenes are ripe there. Sometimes they are quite yummy, especially in "Tai-pan."

Richard:-)

Lisa
Junior Spanko
Username: Lisa

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The World of Suzie Wong by Richard Mason has a rather graphic one, and even after it's over, the characters go on and on about it.

Sir_mark
Junior Spanko
Username: Sir_mark

Post Number: 75
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some of Anne Rice's books too
A Sadist is someone who refuses to be mean to a Masochist ~ Anon~

A Redhead is basically a Blonde with an attitude.

Rubyredd
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Rubyredd

Post Number: 317
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You might want to try this website:

http://www.cfpub.com/indexstories/bibliography.html

It lists books that contain spanking scenes and it's organized by author. It's a really good reference point.

Peter
Username: Peter

Post Number: 1797
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 02:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sarah VEITCH has written many novels with spanking or BDSM themes
Master Eagle clasps crags with wicked hands
Close to the sun in lonely lands
Spots Brats Bottoms from his rocky walls
Then like a thunderbolt his hand falls

Professorr
Spanko

Post Number: 827
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 04:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shygirl, where in Northern Europe are you?

If it's Estonia or Finland, you might be familiar with Edward Bornhoe (sp.?). There is a yummy F/F whipping scene in his "Prince Gabriel, or the Mystery of St. Brigitte Cloister."

The scene per se is not erotic (or not designed to be erotic), but it is followed by the scene where Gabriel makes love to young and beautiful girl (Agnes von Moennickhoesen), who has just been whipped by her Mother Superior (Magdalene von Zoege). This scene used to feed my imagination when I was in my late teens... :-)

Best regards,

Richard

P.S. I am originally from Eastern Europe (just a little bit east of the geometrical center of Europe - Ukraine).

P.P.S. Isn't it amazing how much garbage can a man keep in his head, when it's about his spanking fetish? :-) :-) :-)

Lady_lyn
Spanko
Username: Lady_lyn

Post Number: 928
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

from Sir Mark: Some of Anne Rice's books too

Do you refer to _East of Eden_ and the Beauty series, both written under respective pseudonyms?

Lyn
The glance none saw beside,
The smile none else might understand,
That whisper'd thought of hearts allied,
The pressure of that thrilling hand!

~ Lord Byron "To Thyrza"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your heart is free....
Have the courage to follow it."

Sir_mark
Junior Spanko
Username: Sir_mark

Post Number: 76
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, don't remember the name she used for them though....
A Sadist is someone who refuses to be mean to a Masochist ~ Anon~

A Redhead is basically a Blonde with an attitude.

Lady_lyn
Spanko

Post Number: 930
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 02:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

_Exit to Eden_ (sorry, not _East of Eden_[John Steinbeck] ) - Anne Rampling

Beauty series (starting with _The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty_) - A. N. Roquelaure

Lyn

~ Lord Byron "To Thyrza"

"Your heart is free....

Professorr
Spanko

Post Number: 828
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 07:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lyn, thanks for your clarification - I began to think that I might have been going crazy ("East...") :-) Is Rampling's "Exit to Eden" the book that they made the movie after? The movie with Dana Delaney starring? --R. :-)

P.S. In Steinbeck's "East of Eden," of course, there are many references to spanking/CP, like in his other books.

Kilahara
Username: Kilahara

Post Number: 3346
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lyn mentioned A. N. Roquelaure. Some may not be aware that is is a nom de plume used by Ann Rice. Most of her Roquelaure books, if not all, have been re-issued in paperback under her real name by Plume, and may be found in Barnes and Noble in the US, I believe. (I was given one of them, 'Beauty's Release,' suitably inscribed, by one of my fellow moderators... who purchased it at one of the B and N stores.)

In a lighter vein entirely, spanking is featured in Rudyard Kipling's 'Just So Stories' in the well-known tale of the little elephant... (I was presentred with a copy of that, too! )

Ross

Navigo, ergo sum.

Spanking without love, trust and consent is abuse.

Ross of Kilahara...

Lady_lyn
Spanko

Post Number: 932
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Richard, yes, Dana Delaney does appear (as the "mistress" ) in "Exit to Eden." However, the tone of the film is far more comic and insubstantial compared with the book.

Thanks, Ross. I did not realise that the Beauty series had been reissued under Rice's actual name.

Lyn

~ Lord Byron "To Thyrza"

"Your heart is free....

Penny
New Spanko
Username: Penny

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 03:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember "Exit to Eden", the movie, being banned in someplaces because it featured bondage and spanking scenes. I read the book as well, and the movie is very tame compared to the book.

Impishbrat
Spanko
Username: Impishbrat

Post Number: 725
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 07:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jude Deveraux's books also have several spanking scenes. Most memorable right now are: Highland Velvet and Velvet Song. All of my books are packed away right now or I would be finding all of the ones w/spanking scenes. Before we had a computer, they were my saving grace as an adolescent!
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. ~Henry David Thoreau

Shygirl
New Spanko
Username: Shygirl

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, September 13, 2004 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you. I searched through the library files and found quite a lot to read, both in English, Swedish and Finnish (yes, I'm from Finland). Before getting familiar with this site, J. Deveraux’s novels were my only source to any spanking stories. (I’ve limited access to Internet.) Therefore, I’ve read everything they have in the city library by Deveraux several times in several languages.

As a newbie still tightly in the closet I appreciate your help and friendliness a lot. There’s nothing wrong with Anna Karenina (I’ve read it), but sometimes I want to relax reading nonsense without feeling guilty. Some years ago I went through a severe depression and during that time I couldn’t read more than a page at a time. Since I love reading I decided to go for comics – naturally in foreign languages to make it more useful. When I realised I was mainly looking at the pictures, I became really angry. Luckily a friend of mine saw the humour in it and told me I was the only person who was able to make a problem out of reading comics… I'm planning to spend great time this autumn with all the suggested authors and novels.

Best wishes, shygirl

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page