Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Novels/books

Spanking Classics » Spanking Discussions » 2003 - Jan thru to Dec » 2003 July / August » Novels/books « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nervous
New Spanko
Username: Nervous

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are the romance novels involving spanking that you recommend?

Suzy_q
Spanko
Username: Suzy_q

Post Number: 72
Posted on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is VERY hard to find spanking in romance novels. I've had almost no luck finding them. If you look in erotica it's usually too harsh. The stories here are the best I've found, but I know what you mean, they can't take the place of a good long novel.

If anyone knows of any that are true romance and not just S&M I would love recommendations also.

Suzy Q.
It's not my fault I'm a brat. I haven't been spanked enough lately!

Suzy_q
Spanko

Post Number: 83
Posted on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are also novels on Bethany's site (Bethany's Woodshed) and Wicked Velvet. I'm a member and read these online. They are very good, longer than the stories here, and well-written.

However, I like to curl up in bed with a big thick novel sometimes. I wish there were regular mainstream romances with our thing in them. I mean it's not like we're killing cats or something. It's frustrating.

Suzy Q.

Kilahara
Spanking Wizards (Moderator)
Username: Kilahara

Post Number: 272
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The story 'Here's to You Mrs. R.' by B.Y. Pardon is pretty close to being what you are seeking, although perhaps a bit more in-depth than the average 'romance' novel. It might be described as a spanking romance novel, written by someone with professional-level knowledge of human psychology. The same website mentioned has quite a number of longer stories, two or more chapters at least, which fit your description. Many of the members there belong here now, so we can be sure that this site will continue to build a fine collection. What we have already is pretty impressive. Classics has become a gathering place for skilfull writers - thanks Bethany for making this possible!

I'll send you a PM with a couple of ideas you may find useful, if you are accepting messages, of course.

Ross

Mich
New Spanko
Username: Mich

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 08:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SusyQ! The story is also posted on OurCastle if you want to read it.

Mich

Suzy_q
Spanko

Post Number: 90
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 08:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd love to!

But, you guys keep mentioning sites I've never heard of. I'm a member of Bethany's Woodshed and this site, but I've never heard of Lifeboat or OurCastle.

I even did a search for Lifeboat, and after looking through several HUNDRED sites on rescue boats... well, you get the picture...

Suzy Q.

Elizabeth
Junior Spanko
Username: Elizabeth

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 11:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Suzy,

I will be happy to send you an invitation to join The Lifeboat. When you receive the email, just click on where it says JOIN NOW.

Please email me at liz3564@yahoo.com if you have any problems.

If you are interested in joining the Castle, the URL to the Castle is http://www.ourcastle.com

BY's series is definitely worth having a look!

Another fun group of spanking novels is the Sleeping Beauty series by Anne Rice. It is told in an adult fairy tale genre. The three novels are "The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty", "Beauty's Punishment" and "Beauty's Release". This series does involve S&M as well as spanking...but it is still a good read.

Elizabeth

Kilahara

Post Number: 286
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Suzy... I'm pleased to see that Elizabeth is sending you an invitation to the Lifeboat. I was a little cautious, due to possible conflict of interest, being a manager with Elizabeth on Lifeboat and a moderator here. The Lifeboat is private, so we do keep it hidden for security reasons - hard to find on a search! But worth looking at.

You can read the Castle posts without joining, or at least that used to be possible.

Do look at B.Y.'s novel!

Ross

Rollin
Junior Spanko
Username: Rollin

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wrote a novel that is a sort of pulp fiction type mystery/thriller called "Atonement". For those who are not familiar with it, I can post it somewhere here if you like. (It does have a CP theme inside the plot line and it's mostly M/F, F/F)

Nervous
New Spanko
Username: Nervous

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 05:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found this

http://www.erotic-spanking-stories.com/home.htm

Kilahara

Post Number: 291
Posted on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 01:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rollin - The Archive Board would be an appropriate place, and I'm sure the story would be much appreciated! Please post it.

Ross

Rollin
Junior Spanko
Username: Rollin

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 07:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Parts 1-4 are on the archive board

Sassy_as_always
New Spanko
Username: Sassy_as_always

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Everyone,

I am about to compile several(ok at least 100) romance novels where there is spanking involved.
Anybody want a list?

Suzy_q
Advanced Spanko

Post Number: 141
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 01:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course!!!

Suzy Q.

Shewolf
New Spanko
Username: Shewolf

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Absolutely! I have a pretty good collection myself, but I'm always looking for new ones. Some favorites are Johanna Lindsey and Penelope Neri. How about yours?
Wolf

Suzanne
Junior Spanko
Username: Suzanne

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 07:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi there folks --

Try Cathrine Coulter's historical fiction. Back in the days before the internet, (I feel so old) spanking in mainstream fiction was all I had. I love the stories at the Woodshed and other sites, but nothing beats curling up with a good book,

Happy Reading,
Suzanne

Scooby_4288
Spanko
Username: Scooby_4288

Post Number: 74
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 08:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sassy - can I have a copy of your list as well please ? :-)

love

Scooby
Don't mistake quietness for goodness they are very different!

Rosycheeks
Spanko
Username: Rosycheeks

Post Number: 70
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the last few years I have started reading the small romance books, such as Harlequin Romances. I have searched through several different authors and have found a few that had spanking scenes in them. Some I came across I accidently got rid of when straightening up so now I am on the hunt for some more books with spanking scenes. One book that I have found after a long time searching is To Tame a Vixen by Anne Hampson. It talks of a young girl when the guy first spanks her and when she comes back into his life she gets more spankings. I would love to know if anyone has a list of good books or novels with these scenes in them.
RosyCheeks

Shewolf
Spanko

Post Number: 59
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 10:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rosy,

Wow, I'm glad you posted this. I used to love that book, but it was stolen and I'd forgotten the correct name. Now I can look for it again.
Here's some of my favorite romances with a real spanking in them, not just talk. I hope you enjoy them!
Desert Captive, by Penelope Neri
spanking and light bondage
Fear of Fire, by Anne McCaffrey
threats, swats and spanking, very 60's-70's
Once a Princess, by Johanna Lindsey
serious spanking, more threats
Defy not the Heart, Johanna Lindsey
threats, spanking/erotic spanking
Keeper of the Heart, by Johanna Lindsey
lots of threats/warnings, 2 spankings, fun

Have you ever checked out the website "Laura's Spanking Corner"? There's never anything new, but the stories are free and their excellent! There's something for everyone, and all very well written. There's some humorous ones done around fairytales that had me rolling on the floor! And some that had me turning up the air conditioning!
See what you think. *grin*

Wolf
I live in my own little world, but it's ok...
they know me here.

Novice
Junior Spanko
Username: Novice

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wolf I've never seen that site and can't seem to find it, can you post it's address?

Jill
It's s...o naughty but I know I like it

Kilahara

Post Number: 695
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you don't have any luck, a Google search should find it for you. I'll have a look, too, when I get a few spare minutes, Jill, but maybe Wolf will post it before a search bears fruit!

Ross
Spanking without love, trust and consent is abuse.

Kilahara

Post Number: 696
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here it is!

http://www.thespankingcorner.com/

I'd still strongly recommend Bethany's Woodshed, which makes our favourite site possible!

Ross

Shewolf
Spanko

Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now Ross, don't get protective, we all love Bethany. Without her I'd never have met all the wonderful people here, so I'm more than grateful.

I just lucked onto this site one day, trying to find something on spanking back when I first got on the Internet. There's no forums like here, but all the stories are free, and when money's tight... I was amazed at how well written all the stories were. I especially enjoyed Kent Stoneking, Miss Lily and Ginger.

I hope you enjoy it too Jill, and thanks Ross for finding the real address for me. You know what an inept "Techie" I am. *grin*

Wolf
they know me here.

Rosycheeks
Spanko
Username: Rosycheeks

Post Number: 74
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 07:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SheWolf,
Thanks for the fast response. I have been searching for a long time to find just the right books.

Blushingsam
New Spanko
Username: Blushingsam

Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello...I'm not really sure how to get my foot in the door here (or any other part for that matter), but I thought I'd add a couple of authors I know of. Beatrice Small is a romance writer who includes erotica as well as spankings. Linda Lael Miller is another who includes spanking in some of her books, also Jude Deveraux and Judith McNaught (the one I can think of is called Whitney, My Love). Hope that is helpful. :-)

Shewolf
Advanced Spanko

Post Number: 167
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Girlfriend, c'mon in and join the club!

I've read some good stories by Jude, like her song series. Whitney, my love has a scene with a riding crop, for any who are interested. I'll have to check out Beatrice Small, thanks.

Don't be shy, everyone is friendly here.

Wolf
they know me here.

Blushingsam
New Spanko

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Wolf. I admit, this is all new to me. :-)

Kilahara

Post Number: 790
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Even the moderators are quite tame! (Most of the time.)

Ross

Shewolf
Advanced Spanko

Post Number: 170
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 02:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well...that depends on the sex of the moderator. Sarah can be a real pip once you get her going.

Ross on the other hand...oh look, he's taking another nap...snoring too *grin*

Don't be shy kiddo, you can browse to your hearts content, or jump right in and join us. Us brats that is...

Wolf

they know me here.

Blushingsam
Spanko

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 09:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In my Doubleday mailing for this month, there is a book titled "A Maid for all Seasons" by Devlin O'Neill, which deals with a British businessman, his assistant, and his maid both of whom he spanks.

Another selection is "Down and Dirty", edited by Alison Tyler, that has short stories, some of which involve spanking.

I think I'll order them. :-)

Whatever happened to the list of books that was being compiled?

~~blush

Professorr
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Professorr

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 06:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking about spanking in mainstream fiction (beyond just romance novels): try James Clavell's Asian saga ("Shogun," "Tai Pan," "The Noble House," "Whirlwind") - you can find absolutely wonderful M/F spanking scenes there. -Richard

Karianne
Spanko
Username: Karianne

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 01:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A friend told me about this list. They list tons of novels that have spanking in them and the pages where you can find the spankings.

http://www.cfpub.com/indexstories/bibliography.html

Kari :-)

Blushingsam
Spanko

Post Number: 59
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 04:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Kari! I see a trip to the bookstore and library in my near future. :-)

~~blush

Karianne
Spanko
Username: Karianne

Post Number: 85
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 05:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're welcome blush!

Kari :-)

Amy
Username: Amy

Post Number: 1101
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 05:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ohhhh I'm a die hard Johanna Lindesy Fan!

Historical Romance with a spanking twist! YUMMY

Sane Safe and Consensual. Now we're done talking will you just SPANK ME!

Shewolf
Senior Spanko

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 07:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me too Amy! I havent found much with spanking yet, but if you like kinky, check out Sandra Hill's Vicking series!

The bewitched Vicking has a fantastic scenario with a naked woman and some well applied feathers, sure to make most swoon! LOL

I know...I'm a sick pup. *grin*
Tops are wonderful people, and should be appreciated all the time!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page