Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

What about a disobedient & pregnant w...

Spanking Classics » Spanking Discussions » 2004 - Jan thru to Dec » 2004 January » What about a disobedient & pregnant wife? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Morgan
Intermediate Spanko
Username: Morgan

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 03:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hei, guys, i have a question - can a husband spank his wife during pregnancy and while she is breastfeeding the baby? Isn't it a bit dangerous? I am not really sure about it, but can't it happen that a woman because of pain loses milk or that the unborn baby can feel the way the mother does and get some consequences? Can't a woman lose her baby?
I and my husband are preparing for the baby and that is why I am interested in this. Have you practiced punishment spanking during these periods? Can anyone answer me?

Darwins
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Darwins

Post Number: 493
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 04:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morgan, I have no medical experience, and no knowllege of any facts, but during pregnancy EVERYTHING is a risk to some degree.

So why add to it or take the chance. I doubt if a few swats with the hand would make much difference but having a partner that lost pregnancies for no apparent reason..... I wouldn't go near it with a bargepole.

Just my opinion.
Being an Englishman is god given - being eccentic is all my own and he takes no responsibility for it
It should be noted that 'TOYS' have been made specifically to make this lazy Tops life easier!

Sarah_thorne
Awesome Spanking Wizards (Moderator)
Username: Sarah_thorne

Post Number: 841
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 07:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unless it's a high risk pregnancy, spanking, like sex or exercise or anything else, is not really a problem if done in moderation and is not overly harsh.

I was spanked a couple times during pregnancy, with a paddle even during late trimester. This question came up on another board and there were some who had even been so brazen to ask their own doctor. My concern personally was first trimester spankings. Altho supposedly safe as well, most miscarriages happen during this stage and, having had several, I would never want to worry if that had played a part.

Amy may come to this thread...she had a high risk pregnancy and was still able to participate to a degree, but not at the level she normally had.

But better safe than sorry. If one is truly worried then one shouldn't do it.

sarah
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not." Andre Gide

Sarah_thorne
Username: Sarah_thorne

Post Number: 842
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 07:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

During breastfeeding, I can't imagine there ever being a reason why one couldn't be spanked. Like any other stimulation (warm water, orgasm, even hearing your baby cry)spanking can cause 'let down' with your milk. You don't 'lose' milk...your body continually produces it as long as you continue to nurse your child (and sometimes threafter as wellmad)

So unless it's during your afterbirth recovery period (in the US that is 6 weeks), ba nursing mother should not keep you from being spanked.

sarah
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not." Andre Gide

Peanut
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Peanut

Post Number: 375
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morgan, As a nurse I wouldn't feel comfortable telling you that it would be ok to spank during this time. I emailed a Dr. friend that is in to this spanking thing and asked him what his thoughts are. As soon as he lets me know I,ll tell you what he said.Or better yet maybe I can get him to post his answer!:-)
Peanut

Kilahara
Username: Kilahara

Post Number: 1654
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morgan, I have no experience in the matter of spanking during pregnancy, but at one time there seemed a remote chance - so some research was done. A physician friend, she is a GP but specializes in ob gyn and understands our sport, said she believed it was okay at any time, providing it was done lightly - not much more than love pats.

Since the opportunity did not occur, and probably was never really intended, I have no first hand comment, but I suspect Dr. Irene knows whereof she speaks.

Ross

Ross
Navigo, ergo sum.

Spanking without love, trust and consent is abuse.

Peanut
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Peanut

Post Number: 377
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 03:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morgan, My Doctor friend also feels it should be fine as long as it does not go beyond the 7th month and is lightly done in the early months.
Just be careful! By the way CONGRATULATIONS!

Peanut

Morgan
Intermediate Spanko

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks to all of you who tried to help me.
you are the best!!!

Lady_katy
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Lady_katy

Post Number: 383
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2003 - 07:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations, Morgan. My information is that there is probalby no worries if done in moderation. Repetitions instead of force. Just like a fall rarely causes a miscarriage, I doubt that a spanking would. Usually if your body is goign to miscarry in the first trimester it does it not matter how good of care you take. However, knowing the guilt that would arise in that situation and has for others I would still be very careful. Again repetitions not force.

Mandi
Junior Spanko
Username: Mandi

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 01:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am a nurse, albeit a pediatric nurse, but with a normal pregnancy there is really no reason to avoid spanking as long as the spanking is not extremely harsh. The main thing is to go with what is comfortable with the one being spanked and to maintain that ALL playing stop as soon as the pregnant bottom truly feels she has had enough.

With a high risk pregnancy, I would reccomend extreme caution but depending on the circumstances, gentle play should not be a problem. Of course there are high risk pregnancies that make intercourse impossible even so it really depends on the circumstances involved.

mandi

Morgan
Intermediate Spanko

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 07:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks to everyone! I feel your care. :-))) I really do!

Amy
Username: Amy

Post Number: 1708
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 01:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Morgan...sorry I have been so long in responding. I had a very busy week and wanted to take the time to respond to your thread properly.

I did have a problem pregnancy. We played throughout the whole pregnancy. The most important thing to do is listen to your body. if you don't feel up to it, don't do it.

No heavy implements! It jars the body to much. Your baby will feel that.Positions are most important. Otk was totally out for me. In fact resting on my tummy was out completely. At first I was able to bend over and lean on something. That soon became uncomfortable and hard to maintain. I found the extra weigh was a strain on my wrists as I rested on them. Also standing for too long was a problem. The best position for me was laying on my side with my knees drawn up.

I'm not sure what sort of relationship your in...if it's just play or it D/D or a little of both. From your title I'm guessing it may be a little of both. There are other forms of discipline other than spanking. I think once, my hubby put me in the corner sitting on chair because I couldn't stand for long. There's also lines or essay's...(YUK). There's also being sent to your room or to bed for a time (Maybe that would be good for you). Those sort of thing may or may not be relevant to you though.

Now this is the best advice I can give you....because it happened to me. Once you have had the baby you all of a sudden feel wonderful. The day after I got home my husband and I really played. Because we hadn't played with any implements for a long time, I was no longer used to it. The results where some VERY nasty bruises. It seems though that I was not as well as I thought. I just felt that way compared to before the baby. I ended up developing some complications and needed to go back to the Doctor. Now how do you explain that kind of bruising on a woman who has just given birth. So I didn't go and in fact, even hid it. I of course got much worse and ended up in the ER.

SO.......play gently AFTER having the baby too....at LEAST six weeks. Let your body recuperated from giving birth, no matter how good you feel.
Sane Safe and Consensual. Now we're done talking will you just SPANK ME!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm Albright

Morgan
Intermediate Spanko

Post Number: 36
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 06:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Amy, so much!
Actually this was what I had been thinking about. My husband also thinks that there are other ways how to show who is who in our relationship. And by no means he is going to risk.
Good that you shared your experience. I am sure that it will be a blessing for some other readers too.

Dipsy
Junior Spanko
Username: Dipsy

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup, you could say that...

'cause i just found that I'm two weeks pregnant!

Kris_
Junior Spanko
Username: Kris_

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats, Dipsy!

Make sure you kick your feet up and prepare to be spoiled! :-)
Save a horse, ride a cowboy!

Amy
Username: Amy

Post Number: 1857
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For once I have to agree with Kris. Cept to say don't just prepare to be spoiled, DEMAND it!

Congrats and don't forget to keep us posted!
Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.
Steven Wright

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
Mark Twain

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm Albright

Canadian_girl
Advanced Spanko
Username: Canadian_girl

Post Number: 191
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 06:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morgan,

I have no experience during pregnancy (other than a few playful swats), but I was still breastfeeding my last child when I broached this with my husband, and we first started playing together.

I can't imagine why spanking would affect your milk supply - it certainly didn't mine. Milk supply is determined mainly by supply and demand (the baby's), and the mother's overall health.

Congratulations by the way! Infancy is also the last period when you won't have to worry about being overheard by innocent ears...

And now for my unsolicited feminist opinion. When your husband wants you to think about who's who, remind him that you're the one working 24 hours a day, producing his child. Let's see him match that accomplishment, without ever getting cranky.

My hubby actually thought he had contributed half. Hah! I told him I'd hand him an egg, and see if he could whip up a human with it. :-)
Why must we all conceal
What we think, how we feel
Must there be a secret me I'm forced to hide?
I won't pretend that I'm someone else for all time
When will my reflection show who I am inside?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page