Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Why I need to be spanked

Spanking Classics » Articles & Essays About Spanking » 2004 - Jan thru to Dec » Why I need to be spanked « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mrmanganese
New Spanko
Username: Mrmanganese

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 05:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Having talked with Shewolf about my insular (as she described it) nature, I've been thinking a bit about the people I care about. I forcibly limit the significance I place on people around me, in order to keep myself from unwittingly adopting ideas and behaviors I do not agree with. I believe people are naturally volatile, and very rarely do you find a person who has worked toward and found a kind of stability. In my estimation, what is most important is the positive impact people have had on me in the past, not the promise of a positive future. Therefore, my relationships are tentative, and most of them are subject to scrutiny when I suspect people are undergoing negative changes. For while they may be unwilling or unable to evaluate themselves objectively, I will never allow that to stop me from taking appropriate action when I realize what is happening.

This leaves me in a cold and lonesome place. I can survive here, because my ego is massive, and because from some people I feel a hint of connectedness. But one time, I did not feel so alone. There was a girl who knew me as well as I knew myself, and we grew together. I loved her, and that was the only love I have ever known.

My ego.. large as it was, had done nothing but sustain me for so many years. But now, I had desire, and I had the drive to act on it. I wanted more than this girl could give, and when she was taken aback, I responded with hostility. I drove her away, and in my anger and frustration at having been unable to have the only person I ever chose to love, I believed that I was better off.

Time went by and I realized my mistakes. I had gone so long without having ever felt pain, that the power of this realization overwhelmed me. Even in losing the most important person to me, I had been comforted by my anger. But now I looked around and saw that I was once again alone, and this time it was my fault. I could never let myself forget this, I could never again forget that I am capable of feeling pain. I must be forced to recognize the potentially harmful effect I have on the people around me, because it is that effect which will drive them away, and will in turn hurt me.

Again, I have gone for so long without pain. The spectrum of my emotion runs from 'satisfied' to 'pleased'. I run the risk of losing perspective, once again. I do not remember the feel of either physical or emotional pain, they are only ideas to me now. I have to be made to feel pain, it is the only thing that will make me compatible with the rest of humanity.

This is why I must be spanked. To me it is a reminder, just a taste of the seriousness of the pain I could experience at losing another love. A vaccine, against the harmful effect of my own foolish tendancies. The only person who can truly hurt me is the person I care most about, who has the ultimate power to deprive me of herself. I want to find a girl who is not afraid to give me this reminder, that I may be comforted in the knowledge that she is prepared to force me to understand her. And so I am assured that she will not just run away from me when we meet a challenge.

Raven
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Raven

Post Number: 2058
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am greatly impressed by what you have written, Mr. M. It takes a lot of soul searching and guts to finally come forth and recognize what you need and want and how to come to terms with that.

I think your idea of being spanked as a reminder to yourself that pain is inevitable is a good step in the right direction for you.

Questions now come to mind, and if you don't want to answer on the board, please feel free to send me a personal message.

When did you first feel the need for a spanking? Is this something you have always desired or did it come about after your break up?

Second, would you describe the kind of spanking you would want to me?

Third, is it sexual for you?

I'm sorry if I am plunging too deep, but I am a scientist and I delve into things very deeply. I have reasons for the questions I ask.

I'd also like to add some thoughts on what I went through at 20. I still think today that the loss of a very special man back then was much more painful than the losses I have encountered from 20 to 31. I don't know if it is youth that makes lost love so much more tragic or if in fact I really lost my true love at an early age.

Anyway, I'd love to help in any way I can and I sincerely hope you find everything you are looking for.

Again, I'd like to say that I am very impressed by your thought processes regarding pain in your life. You are wise beyond your years.
There are no good girls gone wrong,
just bad girls found out.
~ Mae West ~

Shewolf
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Shewolf

Post Number: 4668
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 08:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. M...{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Yes, I am the big, bad Wolf your mother warned you about...

Slow
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Slow

Post Number: 1250
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 03:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. MN; I would never suggest this lightly but I honestly feel you will benefit from some group therapy. I highly recommend you talk to a professional immediately, while these feeling are very common and you can be treated very easily, left untreated these problems will get much worse later in your life. You have already taken a big step in opening up on the public forum, now take the next step and see a professional.

You're never too old to learn something useless

Darwins
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Darwins

Post Number: 878
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Slow Mr. MN, you need to talk over these feelings you have with a professional. It seems .....and forgive me if I misunderstand you, that you equate love to pain and only to pain, and do not dwell on any of the more positive aspects love and companionship can bring into your life.

In searching for a lady who will administer this pain you seek you further encompase pain within a relationship that should be more about warmth and love.

I know nothing about such feelings that I could offer you in the way of comfort for the way you obviuosly feel. Except to reiterate ......find someone to talk to about this who has the knowledge and skill to help you, before further traumas push you down a dark and lonley road.

Take care.

Steve
The Gentle Barbarian

Cassie
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Cassie

Post Number: 952
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 01:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Man

Regardless of the reasons you want to be spanked...just remember that it's an ok thing to want.

Your insight into yourself is wonderful.....and please don't think I'm discounting it in any way.....because I'm not. We all crave spankings for various internal reasons...some deeper than others. Understanding ourselves is an important giant step for all aspects of our lives.

I guess all I'm trying to say is, it is ok to want to be spanked and I hope you get the opportunity soon. :-)
Cassie

I guess if you blend some thorns in the side with a little dash of pain in the neck and add a sprinkle of wit and dollops of complete and utter brillance (grin) you get: ME lol

Calypso
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Calypso

Post Number: 2675
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello again, MrMan.

Are familiar with the term "Switch?"

A lot of people like and need reciprocity.

It's kind of like an equal opportunity thing between two people.

You have done a lot of thinking about this. The important thing in life is to know yourself, your strengths and weaknesses.

It's terrific that you want to take action.

"The game is afoot!" - Sherlock Holmes

Sassyback
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Sassyback

Post Number: 2323
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 03:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mr. Man,

Reading over your post yesterday I was at once touched by your brutal honesty. Rereading over it this afternoon, I do wonder if it is pain you are seeking or perhaps it is the release of guilt that comes with a spanking for some people....Many of us enjoy spanking for stress release, guilt release...and for a lot of us it isn't really the pain we are seeking, but rather the emotions and feelings that come knowing someone cares that much about us to spank us. Perhaps it is not so much you are wanting to feel pain....but that you are simply wanting to feel, period.

Thank you again for posting this...you're writing is very eloquent, and your insight, invaluable.

Brooke
There are colors and feelings and emotional terrain that we occupy that is ours and ours alone.....-BONO

How can you see into my eyes like open doors? Leading you down into my core...
Where I’ve become so numb without a soul, my spirit sleeping somewhere cold...
Until you find it there and lead it back home...

Mrmanganese
New Spanko

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 02:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I cannot express the difficulty in being told I need therapy, disagreeing wholeheartedly with that statement, and finding it in myself to respond without hostility. But I know that you two wrote what you did because you thought I have a problem, and you likely believed that my writing here was a cry for help. I can assure you that this is not the case, and that I am neither falling apart nor blowing up. This sort of ponderance into my own nature is routine for me; an attempt to guarantee that I am always aware of the 'why' behind every facet of my being. So this explanation of my inner workings may appear to be a realization of gross significance to me, yet most of it I had already accepted. It may also seem somehow tragic to people who are not as familiar with my situation as I am. But this is my way of life, and it seems I've failed to impart that it is the way of my choosing. When I have a problem, I will know it, and I will deal with it as I have dealt with so many problems before. For me, therapy is simply a more formalized way of being misunderstood, the way I have been by posting this essay. Thank you for the suggestion, but I will be quite alright.

And ladies... what can I say, except, spank you very much

Mrmanganese
New Spanko

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 02:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Erp, okay it was a bit hopeful to think I could get away without writing more. But it's so late at night!!

Darwins, I did not mean that this is all I seek in a relationship. It's on the list of "Things that would be nice" for the time being. I've had a taste of love, and I know how great it can be. It was just so long ago, I believe Brooke is right that in some respect right now I do have the urge to feel anything at all. But the desire to feel pain is by no means the sole driving force in my effort to seek companionship.

Calypso, yes, don't worry! I do think I am a switch, so you may still find me wielding a.. uh.. well, your profile says no implements. So I guess I'll be wielding my hand

Brooke, there are many more reasons why being spanked is appealing, and I must admit that I do find the release of stress and guilt to be an appealing idea. Having never really been spanked, though, it is still just an idea for me.

Calypso
Supreme Senior Spanko

Post Number: 2700
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 03:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hands are good.

I like hands.

I think.

(No real life experience here, only cyber.)

Cassie
Supreme Senior Spanko

Post Number: 964
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psssst Mr Man...she might like......er...implements too.<snicker>

(bites tongue)
Cassie

I guess if you blend some thorns in the side with a little dash of pain in the neck and add a sprinkle of wit and dollops of complete and utter brillance (grin) you get: ME lol

Fresh_fanny
Advanced Spanko
Username: Fresh_fanny

Post Number: 177
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 05:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Man, it's a wonderful thing to be so introspective as I myself am as well. I am sure you are a wonderfully passionate man. With your the honest self reflection you posted, I am sure that with time and perservance, you will find the perfect woman!

May your buns be toasted in the spirit in which you enjoy it (and settle for nothing less!).

I DARE you!

Miss_kj
Advanced Spanko
Username: Miss_kj

Post Number: 213
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 06:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Mn, I agree with Brooke...perhaps your desire is an aspect of your desire simply to feel again. This is something I know about...when you slowly find the way to turn on what has been switched off for so long. It's heady, scary, exciting, and at last you realize that you are alive. When you find the one who makes you want to open up again, you'll know.

kj
How do you leave the past behind when it keeps finding ways to get to your heart?

RENT -- Jonathan Larson

Derr_t_richard
Advanced Spanko
Username: Derr_t_richard

Post Number: 118
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 07:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Over the years that I've participated in discussion groups such as this, I've seen many posts explaining "why I need/want to be spanked." Often, as it happens, such posts are offered by women, but as a switch, I'm always glad to see another male speaking to this issue. While spanking for me is mostly erotic, the therapeutic value of being spanked is discussed at times (again often by females, but why not males also?), and I can certainly appreciate that perspective.
Many of us have made mistakes that led to the demise of relationships and later regretted having done so. Building up internal defense mechanisms is one way to numb the pain and protect ourselves against more pain. Seeking physical pain redirects our consciousness from the more undesirable emotional pain.
It is risky to be open to trying to find love again, but it often proves to be worth the risk.

Fresh_fanny
Advanced Spanko
Username: Fresh_fanny

Post Number: 192
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 07:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well put.
It's not brain surgery, fella!

Calypso
Supreme Senior Spanko

Post Number: 2705
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cassie!

Three words:

BAT BLOOD: YOURS

You sneaky little conniver! You'd better find a very deep, very dark cave far, far away!

Cassie
Supreme Senior Spanko

Post Number: 974
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eep!

Poor ol cat musta had a longgggggg day!

*flutters away grinning*
Cassie

Calypso
Supreme Senior Spanko

Post Number: 2708
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 05:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can fly, but you can't hide!

Cassie
Supreme Senior Spanko

Post Number: 976
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:duct tapes the plungers to her feet and scales the batcave walls::

Maybe I can't hide......but I can hang!

<teehee>
Cassie

Calypso
Supreme Senior Spanko

Post Number: 2717
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Calypso paces back and forth in front of the bat cave.

The good news is: Cassie's trapped in the cave.

The bad news is: Guano in the cave. Ick.

Shewolf
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Shewolf

Post Number: 4720
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alright you brats, how did we get from a serious conversation to bat guano? You both need to be spanked!
Yes, I am the big, bad Wolf your mother warned you about...

Sarah_thorne
Awesome Spanking Wizards (Moderator)
Username: Sarah_thorne

Post Number: 1754
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 07:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr M, I am just now reading this and let me first start off by saying that there is no way that anyone reading can state positively that you need therapy. Maybe you do, but based on the limited info you have provided in a few paragraphs, that assumption can not be made. Many of us post inner reflections that certainly do not give insight to every complex aspect of us and our lives, but simply a small part that can affect us in a big way. The fact that you are introspective enough to realize why you may be the way you are and how, etc., tells me that you are very in tune with yourself.

I can relate to you on many levels by what you have posted. Altho I do enjoy spanking, I do crave it sometimes for the same reason that you state you need one. To feel. And if I can not feel inside, then the physical manifestation helps me to cope better. The inability to feel is simply a defense mechanism to keep from being hurt, a refusal to acknowledge that or allow others have the ability to hurt you. For you this seems to be a deeper need, however.

There is nothing wrong with this, wanting this form of release or a reminder, as you put it. It seems to me that you are quite an introspective person and have done the soul searching to try and understand yourself. Many people are like you, and expect to be hurt and therefore push everyone away to avoid it.

But here you are reaching out. All of us are terrified of rejection when we bare our innermost thoughts, even the most confident. To me, this says that your faith in others is still somewhat intact. :-)

Very thought provoking and deep. I must ponder on this some more.

sarah
For The Best Spanking Ads Site On The Net CLICK HERE NOW

Mrmanganese
Junior Spanko

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, I'm being pushed over the edge here. The strength of the kindness I'm receiving from everyone is making me want to cry. This is something I've never received from the people I interact with on a daily basis. I have more emotional exchanges with my dog than with my family and friends. Accepting any form of flattery is a challenge for me. And I believe that thinking critically and considerately about someone is the highest form of flattery. I fail to express to everyone what this all has meant to me.. evident particularly in how poorly I responded to what Slow and Darwins said, despite how much I appreciate their intentions.

As a person who seeks to give himself to someone, I'm finding it difficult to be around people who evoke this strong an emotional reaction in me. We are so near and yet so far from one another. So let me just say that I thank you all. Beyond my reflexive need to explain myself, I am quite speechless.

Mrmanganese
Junior Spanko

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My lady friend...

Calypso
Supreme Senior Spanko

Post Number: 2727
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look at those eyes!

What is her name?

Ceilimeg
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Ceilimeg

Post Number: 583
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what a beautiful dog!!!! :-)

ross, i'm glad that you feel comfortable to use classics as a forum to work through the things that you are thinking about. as you can see, this is a very safe space and everyone wants to be supportive! you have my warmest wishes as you work to figure everything out.

and, just from the perspective of a therapist, guys... everyone could use therapy. there is no one on this planet who could not benefit from having some guidance in working out little bits of "who-am-i." going to therapy, in my biased opinion, is not a sign of illness or serious problem at all but rather a sign of self-awareness, strength, and a desire to become your best self. it's like vitamins for your mind. :-)
"it is observed that the redhaired of both sexes are more libidinous and mischievous than the rest"
--jonathan swift

Darwins
Supreme Senior Spanko
Username: Darwins

Post Number: 881
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 07:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr MN thank you for taking my clumsy attempt in the spirit that it was meant…………even if I did read a totally different aspect into what you had written from that which you had intended!! :-)

I hope everything works out well for you and you find that which you are looking for.

The Gentle Barbarian

Sweetbrat
Spanko
Username: Sweetbrat

Post Number: 339
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 01:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that this site, and the interactions, and the stories, and emotions described tends to make us look within, and examine ourselves.

when we have faced pain, we can react in various ways ....some run away and hide... build big emotional walls to protect ourselves ...avoid relationships in fear of rejection, and hurt.
sometimes we try to shut down emotions ...but eventually we have to take a look at them, and how we have been affected by our pain.

This site has triggered many well deep emotions for me, ranging from rejection (ie if i was "spanked" and not hugged after) to realizing that i was not alone in wanting to be spanked, to delight at being included in play..

Thank you Mr MN for being so open and honest about your feelings, and I hope you find what your heart needs.

Kilahara
Awesome Spanking Wizards (Moderator)
Username: Kilahara

Post Number: 3195
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It may be that this thread would be better moved to the Spanking Discussions board, rather than being where it is on Articles and Essays. Certainly the reaction and discussion has been interesting and impressive. Once again the concern that members of Classics generally feel and demonstrate for each other comes through clearly, and once more I am impressed.

Certainly among the concerns that come out in this discussion is the matter of being a 'Switch.' There seem to be many degrees of that designation, and it may well be the topic for a major discussion - something I'll think about during my hours aboard trains and planes in the next five days.

There was an interactive survey going on within the Lifeboat site,recently shut down, which looked closely at this topic. While it could not have been called a scientific sampling of society at large or even of the community of This Thing We Do, it did show some interesting trends and insights. Unfortunately the statistics were lost and the survey has not been included in the new Lifeboat2. Still, some remembered observations may not be amiss.

As expected, the majority of those preferring to be Tops were male, while the vast number of bottoms by choice were female. No surprise there.

The survey essentially defined a Top, however, as one who preferred the dominant role in a spanking, and a bottom as one who preferred being spanked. A true 'Switch' was defined as one who enjoyed both positions equally.

One fact that came from that particular survey very clearly was that the majority of male respondents preferred giving spankings, but also enjoyed occasionally changing roles. About 20%, if my failing memory serves, of men would not consider a change of role or position, while a surprising 80% liked to do that or would if the opportunity arose.

Among women the results were different. Less than 20% of those who participated enjoyed (or would enjoy) giving a spanking. More than 80% would not consider any role except as the recipient.

Despite those observations, among the small number of 'pure' (50/50) Switches, women outnumbered men by a slim majority.

The comments and observations here do not necessarily add to the discussion topic, 'Why I Need to be Spanked,' but they do point out that within our group it is not unusual or surprising to find men who want to be spanked, or who feel they would enjoy it. That said, most of those who feel that way occasionally still think of themselves as Tops.

Those who have been around the scene a bit, of course, will have seen that on many sites no male would dare admit to interest in occasionally accepting a spanking. On some boards any who suggest that attitude are ostracized. On the Lifeboat very few men ever admitted their interest in signed posts, even anonymously signed with nicknames, yet admitted it in the fully anonymous survey.

As for the original intent of this thread, perhaps there are many who could simply state that the reason they need to be spanked is that it feels good!

Ross (of Kilahara)
Navigo, ergo sum.

Spanking without love, trust and consent is abuse.

Miss_priss
Spanko
Username: Miss_priss

Post Number: 575
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 01:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ross I wish you would move it I would not have found it. I will respond later. Right now time will not allow it.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer. 29:11

Minx
Junior Spanko
Username: Minx

Post Number: 63
Posted on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 02:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know how i stumbled upon this thread so late but what a beautiful dog :-)

*shakes ass*

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page