Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

STRAPS and BELTS and FLOGGERS - by Peter

Spanking Classics » Articles & Essays About Spanking » 2007 - Jan thru to Dec » STRAPS and BELTS and FLOGGERS - by Peter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter
Awesome Spanking Wizards (Moderator)
Username: Peter

Post Number: 5139
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am often asked for tips re using belts, straps and floggers so here is the type of advice I would give to someone about to use such toys.
If possible I would also demonstrate their use as well,

To avoid confusion I use the word sub or her to denote the bottom of the two players. (It can get confusing writing about the bottomís bottom) The below suggestions apply equally to Tops and bottoms of either sex

STRAPS and BELTS
All Toys can be used gently or firmly according to the bottom's or subís threshold
The trick is to keep the strap or belt flat so that it strikes flat. Some wrongly think that the only way to keep it flat is to strike hard so that the centrifugal force keeps it from twisting
If the Top, is right handed and is not spanking OTK then he will stand alongside the left of the sub, at right angles to her bottom (butt, ass or whatever you prefer) and with his right shoulder in line with it (many Tops make the mistake of standing too far back, when they should take a step forward).
The strap should be held so that it is the right length to hit the centre of the subís right cheek, If the Top aims beyond the centre, when he swings, the arm extends and there is a danger of the strap going beyond the bottom and wrapping round the side
The strap should strike both cheeks simultaneously or the left cheek first with the tip striking the right one a fraction later. When it lands the tip should still strike the bottom rather than wrap onto the thigh.
To ensure that your strike lands in the correct place, you donít have to hold a strap its end; I will hold it shorter at times.

The Top needs to practice the following on a cushion first; in fact itís a good idea to practice anything with any toy on a cushion to ensure accuracy.

He should hold the strap in his right hand about waist high; hold his left arm across his body at chest height with the tip of the belt held in his left hand, keeping the strap taut.
This means that the strap is flat, and as he swings horizontally with his right hand and releases the tip with his left, the belt will remain flat even if he does not use much force.
I attach a photo of a friend using this technique (no I am not the bottom ) You will note that her left arm is still in the position where she released the tip, and yes she did apply some force with this stroke, as you can see by the bottom.

strap

When using a strap OTK the Top's options are to hold the belt short or doubled and use short slapping type of strokes.
OR The description I give above can also be used OTK although his stroke would not be horizontal - just as long as the bottom does not roll off the knee as the Top will be unable to hold the bottom with a hand.
To help hold her in place, if possible he can have his leg angled so that the knee is high enough to ensure that the thigh slopes towards his body, rather than being horizontal or sloping away. If he is sitting then, dependent on his height he can rest his foot on something to raise it and thereby create the correct angle. (Please donít let her fall off your lap, she would not appreciate it )

Something else to try is when you have the sub over your knee, cross your knee first (left leg over right seems to work the best) then when she gets over your knee she goes further over and often the feet are off the ground. Because she is tipped up a little further than normal, her weight will be forward so she wont be able to struggle very much and also it puts her bottom at a very different angle, which makes it better for the Top to see what he's doing. It's very comfortable for both and the Top gets a better view of the bottom heís spanking!
This works well for OTK spanking with hand and many different toys.

Spanking OTK whilst sitting on the bed with his back to the headboard obviates the need for this.

I know that this description might sound a bit clinical but I hope it gets it over in an understandable way that a belt can be used skilfully and give pleasure even if not much force may be used.

FLOGGERS
Floggers come in different lengths and weights, to start with, choose one that is not too long nor too heavy (longer ones are harder to control accurately until you get used to them)

Find one that feels comfortable in your hand. If you can test them out first then so much the better.
Hold the handle firmly but not too tight and swing it towards her body letting
the weight of the falls carry it through. You want the falls to spread as they
land. There is a way of keeping them together if you donít want that spread.

As you get used to it and she does as well, then you can use more power behind the strokes.

Take your time to learn and be careful where the strikes land. If you are using it on her back the falls should not go down the central spine area, so let them criss-cross the back rather than strike longitudinally until you have gained experience and know the bottoms threshold as well

I hope that these tips help, please feel free to ask anything at any time.

If you can dream it, you can do it

Master Eagle clasps crags with wicked hands
Close to the sun in lonely lands
Spots Brats Bottoms from his rocky walls
Then like a thunderbolt his hand falls

Karianne
Advanced Spanko
Username: Karianne

Post Number: 3476
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh does this bring back memories Peter. I got to be one of your test subjects with a belt demonstration in Toronto! (for those who don't know)

I always imagined it would just be slap, slap, slap in a kind of rapid succession but the way you did it was slap, pause, slap, pause. You paused long enough to make sure the belt was flat before each stroke. That made me feel way more comfortable as I wasn't afraid the belt was going to turn like it did in the past before your excellent lesson for my husband.

Kari

"...When she was good, she was very good indeed,
but when she was bad she was horrid." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Naughtynature
Advanced Spanko
Username: Naughtynature

Post Number: 1112
Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 02:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since...I'm an avid lover of the belt, and many other leather implements. This was quite insightful! Excellent tutorial, Peter!

A puddy flogger is quite Yummy, also.

Kari, it does bring back a few memories!
Did is a word of achievement, Won't is a word of retreat, Might is a word of bereavement, Can't is a word of defeat, Ought is a word of duty, Try is a word of each hour, Will is a word of beauty, Can is a word of power.
*(Unknown Author)

Don't take life so seriously...it isn't permanent

To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it.
- Charlie Chaplin -

Kilahara
Awesome Spanking Wizards (Moderator)
Username: Kilahara

Post Number: 6683
Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 03:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dare I mention that the use of a pillow or cushion also brings back memories to me, but not from Toronto? The same practice technique for the cane was enouraged by the headmaster of one London school where I taught. The purpose of the practice was rather diffeent however, in that he was concerned that we newer mastrs might not exert enough force for the purpose in mind, and hat we should become proficient with our aim, ensuring the stripes land as close together as possible for maximum effect.

Thanks, Peter for posting this valuable information on technique when using straps, belts and floggers within TTWD, and thereby ensuring safety for those involved in our activity.
Navigo, ergo sum.

A true spanking is a delightful combination of events and sensations, shared between two people who consent, share affection, trust and respect each other.

Ross of Kilahara...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page